This post has my notes for a video I am working on tentatively titled, "Principles For Becoming Your True Self".
Many people today are experiencing the stress and depression of identity confusion. Who am I? Am I defined by race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, class, nationality, political affiliation or religion? Rudolf Steiner described our True Self in his most important work, The Philosophy Of Freedom. Seeing how relevant the fundamental question of identity is today, it is not hard to understand why Steiner said that this is the book that would outlast all his other works.
Rudolf Steiner called our True Self a Free Spirit and an Ethical Individualist. Steiner described the path he took to become a Free Spirit in The Philosophy Of Freedom. If the principles in the book are applied to life and you discipline your thinking, you can reach your full human potential. This why Steiner was able to make the promise that if you follow this path to real freedom you will attain what you seek to achieve in life and much more.
0. Cultivate An Individualistic Attitude In Life And In Truth
1. Question Your Acts As Free Or Not
2. Strive For True Knowledge That Unifies Self-World
3. Practice Pure Thinking
4. Continually Correct Your World-Pictures
5. Rightly Apply Concepts To The World
6. Individualize Concepts Into Reality-Based Ideas
7. Find The Cognitive Power To Answer Your Questions
8. Find Feeling And Will In Thinking
9. Actualize The Concept Of The Free Spirit
10. Obey The Impulse Of Freedom
11. Envision Purpose Into Your Life
12. Creatively Translate Ideals Into Concrete Goals
13. Achieve The Goal With An Empowered Will Sustained By Intuitions
14. Identify As Your True Self, An Ethical Individualist