The "Philosophy Of Freedom" PREFACE THE GOAL OF KNOWLEDGE
1. In our age of individuality, what kind of Truth is sought?
Truth from the depths of one's nature.
2. What repels the individual by demanding the acceptance of truths that he does not wholly understand?
3. What is missing in one who is tortured by doubts, weak and aimless?
They are lacking Truth.
4. Which truth comes with greater conviction and empowerment, truth found in outer life or truth found within?
5. If we are to ascend to knowledge of the whole universe, where do we begin?
The answer is experience. We begin with our own immediate experience, and from there rise to knowledge.
1. To whom does Rudolf Steiner dedicate the “Philosophy Of Freedom”?
To those striving to apply the principles in the book.
2. The “Philosophy Of Freedom” does not offer the only possible path to truth. What does it present?
It describes the path to truth chosen by Rudolf Steiner.
3. Rather than cramming facts of knowledge, what should education depend upon?
It should depend on the inner need of the student, what they want to know.
4. The Western world no longer demands pious exercises and ascetic practices as a preparation for science. What does it require?
Setting aside time for the practice of “pure thinking”.
5. The sweetest enjoyments of life are experienced by lifting oneself to this realm.
The realm of concepts.
1. The scientific discussions within the “Philosophy Of Freedom” are included to shed light on what question?
Is human freedom possible? if it is, are we free or can we become free?
2. The separate sciences are stages on the way to what all-inclusive science?
3. What kind of results are expected from science if it is to have true value?
The highest value of science is wholistic human development.
4. Rather than mere idle curiosity, how should one use science?
Apply science to one's life goals.
5. What happens if we do not confront scientific ideas as master?
We will become the slave of ideas.
What is the method Rudolf Steiner used in writing "The Philosophy Of Freedom"?